Expatriate Residence Permits
The Nigerian Immigration Service has provided the following information in relation to residence permits for expatriates living in Nigeria:
- A paper type residence permit is no longer a valid document. All expatriates residing in Nigeria are requested to obtain a new residence permit, known as CERPAC.
- Companies employing expatriates should ensure that relevant application forms are procured, completed and forwarded with relevant documents to the Nigerian Immigration Service for renewal before the expiry of the last CERPAC issued.
- To ensure compliance with the changes, a field enforcement team is in place for monitoring. Expatriates are advised to carry their original documents for presentation to immigration officers when requested.
- Expatriates who have not changed to CERPAC will be charged an additional changeover fee equivalent to 100% of the approved CERPAC fee.
- Expatriates who do not comply with the requirements will be deemed to have violated the 1963 Immigration Act and will be treated accordingly.
- Please note that all fees remain the same.
For further enquiries, please contact the Nigerian Immigration Service hotlines: 0803 314 1179, 0803 451 6666, 0803 317 6250, 09 670 9225, 09 670 9226 and 09 670 9227.