Australian High Commission

Services for Australians

Services for Australians Overseas

What we can and cannot do

If you are an Australian citizen with a consular or passport inquiry, the Australian High Commission can be contacted via email at or on +234 906 540 5487 (during business hours).

You can read more about what assistance we can provide: Assisting Australians overseas

Travel information for Australians

Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade



From 1 July 2015 no mailed in passport applications will be accepted.
All applications must be lodged in person.

For online passport applications visit this link: 

Please follow this link for details on Passport and Consular fees.

On-line registration for Australians overseas

We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.


Marrying in Nigeria

Please note the following guidelines on how to register a marriage in the Federal Republic of Nigeria under Nigerian law.


Expatriate residence permits

The Nigerian Immigration Service has provided information in relation to residence permits for expatriates in Nigeria. More details are available here.


Former residents

A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services 

Returning to Australia

Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.


Centrelink International Services

Centrelink is the Australian Government agency responsible for the delivery of social welfare payments to eligible customers who are outside of Australia for 13 weeks or more. Please see the Centrelink website for more information.